Members of our management team boast diverse educational and professional backgrounds that allow us to expertly serve our valued clients every step of the way. We take a hands-on approach to providing excellent management services to our clients. Our personalized service plans help our clients identify and meet their unique rental market goals.
Our Berkeley Company began in 1948 as a family business managing the operation of commercial rentals and hotels. Our current team of professionals have been working closely together for nearly two decades. As we branch out to serve more clients in the public sector, we expand our service offerings along the way to meet the needs of this client base.
As a team, we handle every phase of the marketing, management and maintenance process required for all the small commercial and residential properties on our roster. We help property owners collect positive monthly revenues by offering tenants our full support throughout every lease period. Our multi-faceted approach ensures all parties remain satisfied with the level of service we provide.
Meet Our Team
Dede is a bit of a “Jill-of-all trades.” Her father and mother bought their first motel in 1948, the year in which Dede was born. From the age of six, Dede was working with her family in what later became the family business: ownership, design, and operation of hotels and later commercial real estate properties. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa from University of California, Berkeley, with a degree in sociology and then later attended UC Berkeley doing graduate work in Microbiology before reentering the family business in 1984.
During her more than 25 years in the family business, she has been a hands-on owner, actively involved in all aspects of the family businesses. Her experience includes:
- Development of front and back office operating, accounting, and personnel programs and systems
- Development, design and construction of hotels; renovations and remodels of hotel, apartment and commercial properties
- Financing and asset management
- Purchasing and inventory control
- Purchase and sale of hotels, commercial, and apartment properties
- Apartment management; and broad-spectrum management of multiple properties of multiple types.
She is not afraid to get her feet wet and will happily work in the trenches to get a job done (and done well). Described as intense, creative and intelligent, she cares for all with whom she comes in contact.
Founder and CFO of Bay Vista Property Management, Inc.
Dara received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from Cal State Univ, Sacramento in 1984. Even before graduating he was working as a computer consultant with various companies, including the Meyer family companies. After 5 years in the computer industry designing custom accounting software, Dara took a full time position with the Meyer family serving multiple roles over the ensuing 25 years, culminating in CFO position with financial oversight over multiple entities. His experience includes:
- Development of front and back office operating, accounting, and personnel programs and systems, including custom software for various functions
- Financial oversight of design and new construction, renovations and remodels of hotels, apartment, and commercial facilities
- Financial Oversight of Operations for Hotels, multi-family residential, single and multi tenant commercial and retail properties
- Management and overseeing of lender relationships
- Purchase and sale of hotels, commercial and residential properties
- Apartment management; and broad-spectrum management of multiple properties of multiple types
- Subdivision development of commercial and residential properties from the entitlement process from bulk land purchase through sale of individual parcels
Dara provides a broad spectrum of skills, from system and software development and support to management and finance.
Vice President and Broker-Officer of Bay Vista Property Management, Inc.
Ron recently joined the Bay Vista Property Management team as our broker-officer. A resident of the East Bay his entire life, Ron attended Diablo Valley College before joining the Army, achieving Staff Sgt. E6 in the Army Corp of Engineers in just 30 months. Shortly after leaving the Army, and while raising their two daughters, Ron and his wife began their own business, owning locations in Danville, Concord, Alamo, Alameda, Merced and North Lake Tahoe. With almost 30 years as a licensed Realtor and past owner of his own real estate office, Ron is specialized in many areas of the real estate field, including Property Management.
Controller, Bay Vista Property Management, Inc.
Roni joined the Meyer family companies in May of 2001. Prior to that, she spent over twelve years working in the Community Banking industry, working her way through the ranks from bank teller to Manager of Central Services. Previous to banking, Roni worked 4 years as a Residential Property Manager in the Phoenix area. Her combined skills from the financial and property management industry made her the perfect fit for our management company. During her time with Meyer family, Roni has proactively worked to improve various areas of our accounting and operations functions and currently serves as Controller and Manager of Human Resources. Her experience includes:
- Accounts payable, account receivable, bank reconciliations
- Fixed asset management and depreciation
- General ledger reconciliation, month and year end accounting close
- Monthly financial statement presentation
- Preparing all accounting records for annual review and tax accountants
- Payroll processing, employee relations, and handling employee benefits
- All aspects of leasing and property management.
Roni has established an excellent rapport with brokers, bankers and owners by providing customized reporting packages according to individual needs.
Administrative Assistant, Bay Vista Property Management, Inc.
Jan joined the Meyer family companies in early November of 1997, taking over the month-end accounting for 40 hotels. Earlier, while raising her two daughters, she worked with her husband in their family business and was primarily responsible for the daily bookkeeping and accounts payable for their five franchise locations. In 1992, she attended St Mary’s College, completing the paralegal studies program with honors. From there, she headed to San Francisco where she worked in an environmental law office for over 3 years as a legal secretary, handling all office responsibilities including billing, accounts receivable and payable, as well as performing various paralegal assignments for cases in Superior and Federal Appellate courts. Deciding to return to the East Bay, she joined the Meyer Family team.
Over the course of her time with the Meyer family, Jan has handled a variety of assignments including:
- Accounts payable & accounts receivable.
- Account reconciliations.
- Website development.
- Graphic design and collateral production.
- Corporate research and filing.
- Organization and computerization of company documents.
- All aspects of leasing and property management.
She is a valued member of the team.